I want to start by thanking the wonderful 3yellowdaisies for nominating me for this award! This was so much fun to do and I really enjoyed thinking through these questions and answers. Her blog is all about empowerment, she is committed to making the world a better place through positive energy and encouragement. Her posts are uplifting and I highly recommend visiting and reading her work!
- Include the award logo in your post.
- Answer the following seven questions, asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person/people who nominated you.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like by linking to their blogs.
- Notify them that you have nominated them.
- If you have the power to correct one problem in the world. What will you fix and why?
- I would put an end to bullying. I’ve seen far too many examples of how destructive words can be, and I don’t feel that there is any place for that anymore. We need to be lifting each other up, not tearing one another down. Be kind!
- What has been a special moment for you thus far in 2020?
- This is a tough one! I’m sure we can all agree 2020 has been a hard year, and it can be easy to sink into the negative. But for me a special moment came at the end of a storm, in the early evening. I saw the most blazingly beautiful double rainbow I’ve ever seen in my life. I live in the desert, and rain is rare! Seeing that rainbow looked like a message of better things to come.
- When and where was the longest vacation you have ever taken? If you haven’t been on vacation, talk about the perfect vacation.
- We spent the Christmas season in Copenhagen, Denmark a few years ago. It snowed every day we were there, and we spent hours exploring and drinking gløgg, just taking in the festive atmosphere in the city. I learned about hygge, which is the Danish word for things that are cozy and make you feel loved and warm. My Danish friends are the best at surrounding themselves with the things that feed their spirits. It’s something I’m striving to implement in my own life.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
- I would love to be a more relaxed person! I stress out a LOT, and I know that it stands in the way of my goals and just my overall well-being. It would be great to be a little less worried and a little more easygoing.
- Do you think you can have happiness without sadness? Why or why not?
- As nice as it would be to never have to experience sadness, I don’t believe you can truly experience the glory of happiness if you haven’t felt the lows of sadness. In The Prophet Khalil Gibran talks about Joy and Sorrow, the sorrow carves deep into you, hollowing you out like a bowl. But the deeper the sorrow, the more room there is for joy. That’s always stuck with me, I think it’s beautiful.
- What is one piece of advice would you give to a child?
- You’re worth it, and you matter. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel like you don’t deserve to be treated with love and respect.
- Would you rather make your own decisions or allow someone to make them for you?
- Definitely make my own! I’m too much of a planner and worrier to let anyone make decisions for me!
- If you could meet one character from your favorite book, who would it be and why?
- What is one thing that is special or interesting about your hometown?
- If you were a superhero what would be your superpower?
- What is one goal you have for yourself for 2021?
- What do you consider to be one of your strengths?
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you could offer your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Thank you so much for reading, I hope that everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful rest of the weekend!